Default Store Configuration in Shopify
When a Merchant creates a new store in Shopify, the default configuration is as follows:
- 2 Markets
- US; Domestic: Active
- Rest Of World; International: Inactive
- 1 Location; Inventory Storage
- This typically corresponds to the address you have added to your Shopify store profile.
- Default General Shipping Profile
Automatically linked to all products
Shipping Zone for all Markets
Shipping Zones tied to all Locations
Shipping Zones with Default Shipping Rates
Configuring Your Store for Regional Shipping
To make your products available for shipping to customers in a specific region, it’s essential to ensure that the following settings are configured correctly:
- To create a Shipping Zone for your customer’s address, you must first have an active Market. Please note that it may take approximately 15 minutes for changes in market status (Active/Inactive) to be recognized in the checkout process.
- Shipping Profile
- You need to create a Shipping Profile to house your Shipping Zones.
- Shipping Zone
- You must create a Shipping Zone to which you can attach Shipping Rates.
- Product-Shipping Zone Association
- To display available Shipping Methods during checkout, each product you wish to sell must be associated with a Shipping Zone. Please note that each product can only be linked to one Shipping Profile.
- Shipping Zone Rate
- Ensure that you have defined a Rate for your Shipping Zone to provide customers with Shipping Method options during checkout.
- Inventory Location
- The presence of inventory in the Location attached to your Shipping Zone is not a requirement. As long as there is inventory in any location, your products can be checked out.
- Product-Market Association
- It’s not mandatory to associate your product with a specific market to make it available for checkout through the Violet API.
- Location Priority
- Violet has a global view of inventory across all locations in your Shopify store. This also impacts the shipping rates that a customer is shown during checkout. For this reason, make sure that you update the priority order of locations where products are shipped from.