This guide is intended for Vendo merchants who are connecting their store to Violet. During this process, the merchant will create a new oAuth application in their Vendo dashboard and then provide the generated credentials to Violet through the Violet Connect onboarding tool. The merchant will retain full control of the created oAuth application and can modify or remove it at any time from within their Vendo dashboard. Total time for completion is around 3 minutes.
Step 1: Creating App Credentials
- Within your Vendo admin dashboard navigate to your store settings page. This can be done by clicking on your store name in the upper left corner of the dashboard and then selecting Settings.
- From the store settings page navigate to the Developers tab.
- In the upper right corner click the
New API Keybutton.
- Enter a Name for the new application that will remind you of the reason for creating this key. This can be as simple as “Violet” or the name of the channel you are connecting to.
- In the Scopes field enter
- Click the
Createbutton. Your application will now be created.
Client Secretfor the newly created application will now be revealed. Copy these values and keep them available for Step 2 of this guide.
Step 2: Provide App Credentials to Violet
Once you have your Client ID and Client Secret, it’s time to return to the Violet Connect onboarding tool and enter the follow credentials created in the previous steps:
- When prompted for your store URL, enter your Vendo store URL including the protocol. Example -
- Enter your
Client IDobtained in the previous steps in the ”Client ID” field.
- Enter your
Client Secretobtained in the previous steps in the ”Client Secret” field.
Once entered, click the Connect button to validate the credentials and complete the connection between your store and Violet. If the credentials are invalid you should check for any spaces or other copy/paste errors and try again.
Upon success you will be redirected back to the channel who first sent you to Violet.