This guide is intended for WooCommerce merchants who are connecting their store to Violet. During this process, the merchant will install and configure the Violet plugin through their WooCommerce dashboard and then generate and provide credentials to Violet through the Violet Connect onboarding tool. Total time for completion is around 5 minutes.
Step 1: Installing the Violet Plugin
- From Violet Connect download the Violet Plugin for WooCommerce.
- In a separate tab, open the admin dashboard of the Wordpress site where your WooCommerce store is hosted.
- From the left sidebar, click Plugins.
- Click the Add New button next to the Plugins title at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload Plugin button next to the Add Plugins title at the top of the page.
- Click Choose File and select the violet-connect.zip file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Click Install Now.
- Once the plugin has finished installing, click the Activate Plugin button.
Step 2: Configuring the Violet Plugin
- Locate the Violet plugin in the list of installed plugins on the Plugins page.
- Navigate to the plugin configuration screen by clicking the Settings link associated with the Violet plugin.
- From the list of available shipping extensions select the extension utilized by your store and click Save. If you do not see an extension listed for your shipping solution please reach out to your account administrator to request it.
Step 3: Generate API Credentials
- From the left sidebar, hover over WooCommerce then click Settings from the slide out menu.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click the REST API link just beneath the tabs.
- Click the Add Key button.
- Enter a description value that helps you recognize these as the Violet keys.
- Select a user with an admin role.
- Select Read/Write for the permissions type.
- Click the Generate API Key button. Your API keys will be generated and should be saved for the next step.
Step 4: Provide Configured Credentials to Violet
Store URL This is the fully formed URL to where you have WooCommerce installed. If you provide any other URL the credentials will be rejected until the correct one is provided. Consumer Key This key is used in combination with the Consumer Secret to verify and authenticate certain actions or events. Consumer Secret This key is used in combination with the Consumer Key to verify and authenticate certain actions or events.
Once entered, click the Connect button to validate the credentials and complete the connection between your store and Violet. If the credentials are invalid you should check for any spaces or other copy/paste errors and try again.Upon success you will be redirected back to the channel who first sent you to Violet.