This guide is intended for Swell merchants who are connecting their store to Violet. During this process, the merchant will create a Secret Key in the Swell dashboard and then provide the generated credentials to Violet through the Violet Connect onboarding tool. The merchant will retain full control of the created Secret Key and can modify or remove it at any time from within their Swell dashboard. Total time for completion is around 3 minutes.
Step 1: Creating the Secret Key
- From the navigation sidebar of your Swell dashboard navigate to Developer → API Keys.
- Locate the section labeled Secret Keys and click the Add secret key button.
- In the modal that opens, enter a description for the key that will remind you of the reason for creating this key. This can be as simple as "Violet" or the name of the channel you are connecting to.
- Click the Create Key button. Your key will now be created.
- Once created, you will need to click the small reveal icon to obtain the full key.
- On this same page, under section labeled API Access locate and obtain your Store ID.
Step 2: Provide App Credentials to Violet
Once you have your Store ID and Secret Key, it’s time to return to the Violet Connect onboarding tool and enter the follow credentials created in the previous steps:
- When prompted for your store URL, enter the full URL including the protocol. Example - https://example.com.
- Enter your Store ID obtained in the previous steps in the "Store ID" field.
- Enter your Secret Key obtained in the previous steps in the "Secret Key" field.
Once entered, click the Connect button to validate the credentials and complete the connection between your store and Violet. If the credentials are invalid you should check for any spaces or other copy/paste errors and try again.
Upon success you will be redirected back to the channel who first sent you to Violet.